Mashed potatoes and gravy is a delicious and quick meal to prepare. This meal includes mashed potatoes with brown gravy, spinach, and baked chicken thighs. The following recipe is only for the mashed potatoes and gravy.
The ingredient amounts all depend on the amount of mashed potatoes that you are cooking.
- Russet potatoes (Also called Idaho potatoes)
- Gravy mix
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 2 Chicken thighs
- Italian dressing (Or your choice seasoning)
- Clean the Potatoes with something abrasive.
- Peel the Potatoes and placed them in a bowl of Cold Water to remove some of the starch.
- Chop the Potatoes into small pieces and placed them into another bowl of Cold Water to continue removing the starch.
- Put the Potato pieces into 2 pots filled with Cold Water and added a pinch of Salt into each pot.
- Bring the Water, with the Potato pieces, to boil until the Potatoes were soft enough to easily cut in half.
- Drain the Water from the Potatoes.
- Mash the Potatoes until the mix was smooth.
- Melt some Butter and mixed it with the Mashed Potatoes.
- Add Warm Milk and mixed it into the Mashed Potatoes.
- Mix the Mashed Potatoes until there are no lumps, while adding Salt in the process.
- If you are not using any Gravy Mix, feel free to add any Seasoning you want at this point.
- Bring a cup of Water, along with Gravy Mix, to boil and stir it occasionally to keep lumps from forming.
- Then, let the Gravy simmer and continue to stir it.
- Boil some Spinach with a little bit of Water, Olive Oil, some Garlic Powder, and a pinch of Salt.
- Bake some Chicken Thighs with Italian Dressing and Hot Sauce, if you prefer.
- Put everything together onto a plate and pour some Gravy over the Mashed Potatoes.
First, I cleaned the potatoes with something abrasive.
I prefer to peel the potatoes, so I peeled the potatoes and placed them in a bowl of cold water to remove some of the starch.
I chopped the potatoes into small pieces and placed them into another bowl of cold water to continue removing the starch.
I put the potato pieces into 2 pots filled with cold water and added a pinch of salt into each pot.
I brought the water, with the potato pieces, to boil until the potatoes were soft enough to easily cut in half.
I drained the water from the potatoes.
I mashed the potatoes until the mix was smooth.
I melted some butter and mixed it with the mashed potatoes.
I added warm milk and mixed it into the mashed potatoes.
I mixed the mashed potatoes until there are no lumps, while adding salt in the process. I didn't add any extra seasoning, since I was going to add brown gravy, but feel free to add any seasoning you want at this point.
I brought a cup of water, along with gravy mix, to boil and stirred it occasionally to keep lumps from forming. Then, let the gravy simmer and continue to stir it.
I boiled some spinach with a little bit of water, olive oil, some garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
I baked some chicken thighs with Italian dressing and hot sauce.
I put everything together onto a plate and poured some gravy over the mashed potatoes.
Cooking mashed potatoes is a simple but delicious recipe.
Rod Burutsa is the Founder and President of Heaven's Disciples, a digital arts and multimedia entertainment company featuring books, comics, films, games, music, merchandise, and clothing.